Organic Green Peas Sprouting & Microgreen Seeds
Organic Green Peas sprouting seeds are one of the most popular sprouting seeds, and produce large, mild sprouts. Some people like to enjoy pea sprouts just after germination, when they are still crunchy and sweet like freshly picked garden peas. Others prefer to let the root and stem grow for a day or two, and harvest them more like long pea shoots.
No matter how they are grown, pea sprouts have an appealing texture and flavour, and can stand alone as a salad on their own. They also add a nice touch to stir-fries, but be sure to add them near the end of cooking, so they maintain their nice crunch.
Easy sprouting directions:
- Place seeds in jar with screen
- Soak seeds as per package directions.
- Drain well and invert in a bowl on counter at an angle for continuous drainage
- Rinse twice daily and invert after each rinse
- Grow until the little white tail (taproot) comes out
- To keep fresh, refrigerate well drained sprouts. Sprouts store best when fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.
Simple Microgreen Growing Instructions:
- Spread seeds on thoroughly moistened medium such as a Jute Grow Mat.
- Cover your crop with another tray for 3-5 days – to keep light out and moisture in.
- Keep your medium moist by watering lightly as needed. Don’t drench!
- When your plants have begun to show leaves, remove cover and move your crop to a well lit location.
- Harvest when the leaves are open and an inch or three tall (day 5-14).
- Cut just above the medium, with a scissors or sharp knife.
Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge.